The Stylish VW Polo on Sale
Since 1975, Volkswagen Polo has been sold in the European and other markets as hatchback, estate, and sedan variants. There are six generations of Polo introduced in the international market. If you're looking for a cheap VW Polo, eBay is an active platform to buy a new or used VW Polo for sale at a reasonable price.Types of VW Polo
The important features of the six generations of Polo are briefly described below:
- First Generation: The first generation was produced between 1975 and 1981. It was offered in 3-door hatchback and 2-door saloon models. The original MK1 model underwent a facelift in 1979.
- Second Generation: Manufactured between 1981 and 1994, the second model was somewhat similar to the first variant. Also known as MK2, it also offered a 3-door estate version. A facelift was offered in 1990.
- Third Generation: Mark III Polo was produced between 1992 and 2002. It was a completely new model on a new chassis that was also available in 3-door and 5-door hatchback versions. It is sometimes listed as a VW Polo 6N for sale, a MK3 Polo for sale, and a Polo 6N2 for sale.
- Fourth Generation: More powerful engines were introduced in the fourth generation. The exterior was redefined with circular headlights.
- Fifth Generation: Produced between 2009 and 2018, the focus in this generation was on light-weight cars and efficient fuel consumption. These models are also known as 6R and 6C.
- Sixth Generation: Launched in 2018, the newer generation focuses on improving cabin space, engines, and interior technology.
VW GTi is a sports version produced by the company. It was first introduced in 1990 in the United Kingdom as Mk2F Polo. Since the first model, subsequent generations of the car have been launched as the GTi sports version. Depending on the needs of the generation, each of these new models is usually equipped with a more powerful engine. Some of these also focus on aesthetics such as alloy wheels, spoilers, grilles, exhausts, metal plates, and badges.Are there different performance versions?
It has been a tradition to produce performance versions of the Volkswagen Polo. These performance versions differ from the Sports model because they are specially designed to offer speed and the ability to customise the vehicle. The first of these performance versions were G40 that could reach speeds of 196km/h. These performance versions were also made for World Rally Championships by fitting them with turbocharged engines and removing additional accessories from the inner cabin. Unlike most of the other automakers, who designed cars for Motorsport, the underlying mechanics and the basic structure of VW Polo remains unchanged. This is perhaps the most prominent reason why a number of Motorsport versions are street-worthy cars and available for sale on the consumer market.