Shop by category
Great prices on popular products
Save on Warhammer Miniature Wargames
- Warhammer 40k Space Marine Mark III 30k Burning of Prospero (10 Models)£17.49Trending at £18.27
- WARHAMMER 40K DARK IMPERIUM CORE STARTER SET - NEW & SEALED - IN STOCK£78.95Trending at £81.37
- Warhammer 40,000 Start Collecting Astra Militarum Imperial Guard£42.75Trending at £43.49
- WARHAMMER 40K DEATH GUARD BLIGHTLORD TERMINATORS - NEW & SEALED£28.50Trending at £31.44
- Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Primaris Intercessors£30.90Trending at £35.51
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar Fantasy Start Collecting Ironjawz Orruks Orcs£42.75Trending at £44.98
- WARHAMMER 40000 40K HARDBACK CODEX hard back ASTRA MILITARUM - IMPERIAL GUARD£20.00Trending at £23.60
- WARHAMMER 40K DEATH GUARD NAUSEOUS ROTBONE THE PLAGUE SURGEON - NEW & SEALED£11.50Trending at £12.11
Hot this week
- Modelling Stuff Hobby Sculpt Kneadatite Blue/Yellow 6 inches Makes Green Putty£2.5057 sold
- Blue Stuff - 8 bars - Make an instant mold - New Material - Warhammer 40k Reborn£9.8539 sold
- Plastic Bases, WHFB, WH40k Warmachine etc£1.0036 sold
- Modelling Stuff Hobby Sculpt Kneadatite Blue/Yellow 36 inches Makes Green Putty£6.9533 sold
- Wargaming round & oval movement trays, warhammer, 40k, aos, age of sigmar£1.5032 sold
- Warhammer 40K Round 32mm Bases (5)£1.0024 sold
- 10 x 32mm ROUND BASE - Games Workshop Warhammer 40K Bases£2.9622 sold
- Forgeworld - Alpha Legion Legion MKIV - Shoulder Pad - *BITS*£1.2920 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- games workshop Lord of the rings metal dol amroth knights£16.99Free postageMake offer
- Games Workshop warhammer lord of the rings LOTR Uruk Hai crossbow men x 6£18.99+ £0.99 postageMake offer
Warhammer Miniature War games
Warhammer is a fantasy war game that is played on top of tables. The game works through different races including humans, elves, dwarfs and goblins. Warhammer miniature war games are intended to be played by 2 or more people. More than just a game, the pieces are collectable items in their own right.
Players build up their armies gradually over time, assembling and painting the different pieces, all of which have different attributes and abilities. With a long list of rules and game types this is not your average family board game.
Played on a tabletop, usually dining sized, Warhammer sees you assemble your painted army to do battle against your foes. Rulers and other measuring devices are available (and usually included in the main game box) to dictate ranged attacks and spells.
The range of miniatures is vast and ever increasing. Each army has dozens if not hundreds of customisable figures, ranging from small plastic pieces, to large lead units. Some are positively huge. Many come in boxes with a number of individual pieces to make one unit whereas others may come as singular pieces.
A huge selection of paints are on offer for you to get the look you want for your fearsome army, with every shade you could possibly wish for.
Since its creation years ago, Warhammer has seen a number of variations evolve. Sharing the same basic set of rules and concepts, many of these variations have gone on to become more popular than the original.
Warhammer 40,000 often referred to as Warhammer 40k trades the swords and sorcery for guns and tanks. The elves and goblins are replaced with various alien races. The scope of this game has allowed for the development of huge pieces that would look great as an ornament alone. The change of setting alters the way the game plays to some extent and it comes with it's own, equally daunting rule book.
With the hit Lord of the Rings movies came the Lord of the Rings version of Warhammer. This is practically identical to the original version, but sports the armies and beloved characters of the classic fantasy series. There are also scenarios introduced to the game play, allowing you to play through your favourite moments.
Alongside the miniatures, some enthusiasts like to purchase scenery and little buildings to add to the immersion. As well as this, the Warhammer (Games Workshop) brand has gone onto produce collectable card games and video games.
If you're a fan of Warhammer or fantasy and looking to add to your collection or you're a beginner and looking to start getting into a new hobby, then the Warhammer miniature war games are perfect for you.