How to Find the Right Desktop Computers with Windows 7
Whether at home, at school, or in the office, an all-in-one Windows 7 desktop computer is pre-installed with Microsoft’s Windows 7 operating system, making it ready to start working when you are. On eBay, there are multiple PC brands that offer Windows 7 desktop PC deals, as well as more affordable used options.What Windows 7 editions are available?
When choosing desktop computers with a Windows 7 operating system, it is important to consider your specific requirements. There are several editions available to buyer, ranging from personal use to corporate solutions:
- Windows 7 Starter: Entry-level 32-bit operating system perfect for running netbooks and tablets without the higher RAM requirements of other versions.
- Windows 7 Home Basic: Sufficient for personal use at home with some features that are not included in Windows 7 Starter.
- Windows 7 Home Premium: Contains more built-in features than Windows 7 Home Basic and supports multi-touch.
- Windows 7 Professional: With all the features of Home Premium edition as well as the capability to access Windows Server and expanded RAM support up to 192 GB.
- Windows 7 Enterprise/Ultimate: A higher-end version of the operating device supporting a range of business and application development features.
The Intel Core is the standard central processing unit for Windows 7 computers. However, Windows 7 computers may be offered with an i3, i5, or i7 processor. To allow you decide which option is best for your needs, consider the following:
- Intel Core i3: This entry-level core is an affordable option for everyday use, despite its low price it still features a dual-core.
- Intel Core i5: A majority of Windows 7 desktops will feature the i5, it is powerful enough to be paired with many graphics card options.
- Intel Core i7: With a high clock speed and turbo mode available even with its single-core options, the i7 provides a boost in performance.
RAM requirements will be based on several factors. These include the edition of the operating system and what you plan to use your computer for. While Windows 7 Starter runs only on 2GB RAM, other editions can run on more more than 4GB of RAM. 2GB of RAM may be suitable for everyday use such as word processing or web browsing, but professional applications like video editing and application development typically require 4GB of RAM or more.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Microsoft.