Shop by Brand
Shop by Style
Boohoo Halloween Essentials £20 & Under
Our Favourite Dresses
From Top Rated Sellers, Plus Free P&PShop event
Save on Women's Dresses
Hot this week
- Ladies Grease Pink Lady Satin Jacket 50's 1950's Costume 50s Embroidery Letter£10.1154 sold
- Summer Womens Casual Sleeveless Cotton Linen Loose Baggy Shirt Long Maxi Dress£3.3624 sold
- GIRLS CHILDREN XMAS MOTHER & DAUGHTER CHRISTMAS FATHER SANTA BOW PRINT DRESS£6.7515 sold
- New Womens Sleeveless Boobtube Bandeau Maxi Ladies Sheering Long Dress Size 8-26£5.9915 sold
- Ladies Traditional Plain Pocket Abaya/ Borka in size 52" 54" 56" 58" (4 Colours)£11.4914 sold
- Sailor Navy School Girl Uniform Cosplay Costume Japanese Fancy Dress Outfit Kit£14.7312 sold
- Womens Summer Casual Sleeveless Evening Party Beach Dress Short Mini Dress 6-22£1.9911 sold
- Womens Ladies Stretchy Baggy Oversized Off Shoulder High Low Dip Dipped Hem Top£3.8911 sold
Limited time deals
- New Plus Size Womens Ladies Lace Paneled Flute Sleeve Swing Dress 16 18 20 22 24£9.99
- Joules Kirsten Print Jersey Tunic AW17 (X) RRP£39.95 FREE 48hr Tracked Delivery£27.95
- Womens Christmas 2016 Swing Dress Santa Snowman Tartan Xmas Party Plus Size Top£7.90
- ex Alexa Chung (M&S) Archive Collection Harper Leopard Print Maxi Dress £26£26.00
- Short T shirt Dress Stretch Curve Hem Half Sleeve KJ Celeb Plain Mini High Neck£8.50
- Hell Bunny 50s Dress Summer Black/White LADYBIRD Gingham All Sizes£24.99
- NEW WALLIS DRESS SHIFT CORAL RED PINK FLORAL EMBROIDERED LACE PARTY SIZE 8 - 20£19.99
- PHASE EIGHT NEW Fantasia Dress 12 14 16 18 Black Floral Lace Pencil RRP £140£63.99
You may also like
- TRUSSARDI Women business dress£160.95
- New Womens gorgeous V neck Flounced pleated Ball Gown T show cocktail prom dress£72.97Was: Previous price£81.99
- PHASE EIGHT Colette Sequin Gown EVENING DRESS - brand new with tags RRP $445£174.99
- Red Hot-sale Womens V Neck Slim Long Evening Dress Cocktail Party Prom Ball Gown£74.75Was: Previous price£83.99
- Women 11 Solid Color Striped Printed Full Sleeve Long Above Knee Dress£99.18
- Womens Long Lace Ballgown Evening Formal Full Dress Wedding Bridegroom Dress£67.99
- Elegant Summer Women Flowers Sleeve Evening Party Cocktail Bodycon Mini Dress£79.05Was: Previous price£85.00
Make an offer
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
Women's dresses come in a vast range of styles, colours and prints. Usually full, knee or calf length, from office parties to formal affairs, there is a dress to suit every occasion and body shape.
The "little black dress" (or LBD) is thought to have gained in popularity thanks to the creations of Coco Chanel in the 1920s. Its neutrality of colour, versatility and universally figure flattering appeal make it a firm favorite still today.
Belle of the ball
Women's formal dresses are always the apparel of choice for a special occasion such as a wedding, ball or prom date. These feminine creations are usually longer or mid length and primarily crafted in materials such as opulent chiffons and silks to classic cottons and synthetic blends. These dresses are designed with a woman's silhouette in mind, with cuts such as Empire line having a fitted bodice ending just below the bustline, to give a high waisted appearance. Many women's formal dresses have eye catching detail such as sheer panels, beading, crystals and metallic thread woven into fabrics for added impact.
Traditionally, cocktail dresses are worn at cocktail parties and black tie occasions. Celebrated French fashion designer Christian Dior was the first to use the term "cocktail dress" in the 1940s to refer to early eveningwear. Historically, the length of this dress was ankle high. However, today it has evolved and many different cuts of dress style fall in this category ensuring they remain the smart choice for more formal social occasions.
Women's party dresses are usually knee length or, if you dare to bare, even higher. They can be sleeved or sleeveless, one-shoulder or strappy, depending on the look you desire. Burlesque and vintage inspired corset dresses make a real fashion statement and the more demure styles of this dress would not look out of place at a ball or prom. If you are looking for more coverage close fitting sheath dresses and bubble dresses can be accessorised to suit.
Keep it casual
A casual dress code is synonymous with comfort. There are many cuts and colours of women's casual dresses to choose from. For balmy summer days maxis, sundresses and hippie inspired boho fashions steal the show, with their skin skimming, floaty fabrics and exceptional level of comfort. If a little more coverage is required jumper dresses, wrap dresses and shirt dresses offer up informal style. In addition, clever cuts such as a figure hugging bodycons or cute wiggle and pencil dresses can cross over from day to night with the late addition of a few well-chosen accessories.