Shop by Size
Shop by Brand
Bright Spring Summer stylesShop event
- UK Womens Holiday Mini Playsuit Ladies Jumpsuit Summer Beach Dress Size 6 - 14 2 MTrending price£7.95 New
- Womens Holiday Mini Playsuit Ladies Shorts Jumpsuit Summer Beach Dress 6-16 Style E 6Trending price£8.75 New
- Women's Ladies V-neck Plain Printed Floral Beach Sleeveless Long Maxi Dress Top 2xl Floral 3Trending price£8.86 New
- Plus Ladies Women Racer Back Long Maxi Dress Floral Printed Sleeveless Size 8-26 8 Royal BlueTrending price£12.92 New
Limited time deals
- UK Womens Holiday Playsuit Romper Ladies Jumpsuit Summer Beach Dress Size 6 - 14£9.99
- Roman Originals Ladies Tapework Embroidered Lace Dress Light-Pink 10-20£20.00
- Womens Off Shoulder Floral Split Maxi Dress Summer Holiday Beach Sun Dress 6-16£8.99
- Italian Lagenlook Cotton Baggy Dress Tunic Plus Size 18 20 22 24 26 28 30£24.99
- NEW DOROTHY PERKINS BLACK CREAM BLUE WHITE SUMMER WRAP DRESS VINTAGE 50s STYLE£6.49
- WOMENS BODYCON DRESS SHORT MINI TOP LONG SLEEVE LADIES 8-26 JERSEY TUNIC STRETCH£7.49
- New 1920s gatsby vintage flapper lace sequin black white party dress UK 8 to 20£26.49
- Ladies 3 In 1 Strapless Bandeau Beach Summer Dress Long Maxi Skirt Size 8-22£7.97
Hot this week
- UK Womens Holiday Mini Playsuit Ladies Jumpsuit Summer Beach Dress Size 6 - 14US $10.45744 sold
- Women Ladies Jersey Long Summer Vest Racer Muscle Back Maxi Dress Plus Size 8-26US $3.89343 sold
- UK Womens Holiday Playsuit Romper Ladies Jumpsuit Summer Beach Dress Size 6 - 14US $10.45316 sold
- UK Womens Holiday Mini Playsuit Ladies Jumpsuit Summer Beach Dress Size 6 - 14US $7.84223 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
Women's dresses come in a vast range of styles, colours and prints. Usually full, knee or calf length, from office parties to formal affairs, there is a dress to suit every occasion and body shape.
The "little black dress" (or LBD) is thought to have gained in popularity thanks to the creations of Coco Chanel in the 1920s. Its neutrality of colour, versatility and universally figure flattering appeal make it a firm favorite still today.
Belle of the ball
Women's formal dresses are always the apparel of choice for a special occasion such as a wedding, ball or prom date. These feminine creations are usually longer or mid length and primarily crafted in materials such as opulent chiffons and silks to classic cottons and synthetic blends. These dresses are designed with a woman's silhouette in mind, with cuts such as Empire line having a fitted bodice ending just below the bustline, to give a high waisted appearance. Many women's formal dresses have eye catching detail such as sheer panels, beading, crystals and metallic thread woven into fabrics for added impact.
Traditionally, cocktail dresses are worn at cocktail parties and black tie occasions. Celebrated French fashion designer Christian Dior was the first to use the term "cocktail dress" in the 1940s to refer to early eveningwear. Historically, the length of this dress was ankle high. However, today it has evolved and many different cuts of dress style fall in this category ensuring they remain the smart choice for more formal social occasions.
Women's party dresses are usually knee length or, if you dare to bare, even higher. They can be sleeved or sleeveless, one-shoulder or strappy, depending on the look you desire. Burlesque and vintage inspired corset dresses make a real fashion statement and the more demure styles of this dress would not look out of place at a ball or prom. If you are looking for more coverage close fitting sheath dresses and bubble dresses can be accessorised to suit.
Keep it casual
A casual dress code is synonymous with comfort. There are many cuts and colours of women's casual dresses to choose from. For balmy summer days maxis, sundresses and hippie inspired boho fashions steal the show, with their skin skimming, floaty fabrics and exceptional level of comfort. If a little more coverage is required jumper dresses, wrap dresses and shirt dresses offer up informal style. In addition, clever cuts such as a figure hugging bodycons or cute wiggle and pencil dresses can cross over from day to night with the late addition of a few well-chosen accessories.