Shop by Brand
Shop by Style
Boohoo Halloween Essentials £20 & Under
Our Favourite Dresses
From Top Rated Sellers, Plus Free P&PShop event
Save on Women's Dresses
- New Womens Superdry Dresses.Various Styles & Colours£16.99Trending at £17.53
- Womens Short Sleeve Black* Pleated* Skater Block Shift Peter Pan Collar Dress£12.99Trending at £13.13
- CHILDREN GIRLS XMAS MOTHER & DAUGHTER CHRISTMAS BLACK SANTA PRINT SWING DRESS£10.99Trending at £14.14
- Women Chiffon Floral Long Sleeve Party Evening Cocktail Long Maxi Dress Sundress£8.35Trending at £13.13
- Suede Pinafore Dress Women Dungaree Skater Line UK New Ladies Short 6 14 Chic£13.50Trending at £14.66
Limited time deals
- New Womens Superdry Dresses & Playsuits - Various Styles & Colours 1110£17.99
- New Plus Size Womens Ladies Lace Paneled Flute Sleeve Swing Dress 16 18 20 22 24£9.99
- Joules Kirsten Print Jersey Tunic AW17 (X) RRP£39.95 FREE 48hr Tracked Delivery£27.95
- Womens Christmas 2016 Swing Dress Santa Snowman Tartan Xmas Party Plus Size Top£7.90
- ex Alexa Chung (M&S) Archive Collection Harper Leopard Print Maxi Dress £26£20.00
- Short T shirt Dress Stretch Curve Hem Half Sleeve KJ Celeb Plain Mini High Neck£8.50
- Hell Bunny 50s Dress Summer Black/White LADYBIRD Gingham All Sizes£24.99
- NEW WALLIS DRESS SHIFT CORAL RED PINK FLORAL EMBROIDERED LACE PARTY SIZE 8 - 20£19.99
Hot this week
- Ladies Christmas Fleece Snowflakes Womens Santa Xmas Tunic Sweatshirt Mini Dress£8.4953 sold
- Summer Womens Casual Sleeveless Cotton Linen Loose Baggy Shirt Long Maxi Dress£3.3624 sold
- UK Womens Zip V Neck Long Sleeve Bodycon Ladies Casual Paty Short Mini Dress£1.9915 sold
- Ladies Traditional Plain Pocket Abaya/ Borka in size 52" 54" 56" 58" (4 Colours)£11.4914 sold
- Womens Long Sleeve V Neck Knitted Off Shoulder Pullover Sweater Top Jumper Dress£5.9913 sold
- UK Stock Long Evening Formal Party Ball Gown Prom Bridesmaid Wedding DressSz6-18£11.8213 sold
- Ladies Traditional Plain Abaya/ Borka /Jilbab With Side-Pocket In 6 Colours£10.9912 sold
- Womens Ladies Plus Size Camisole Cami Plain Strappy Swing Dress Vest Top Flared£4.5912 sold
- Womens Fairy Floral Layered Dress RUFFLES V Neck Slim Printed Long Sleeve Dress£80.07Was: Previous price£87.99
- Womens embroidery Floral Party Ball Prom Homecoming Bridesmaid Long Gown Dresses£62.29Was: Previous price£69.99
- Womens Long Lace Ballgown Evening Formal Full Dress Wedding Bridegroom Dress£67.99
- New Women 100% Linen Pocket Baggy Skirt Double Layer Loose Fit Long Dress Casual£71.19Was: Previous price£79.99
- New Women Dreamlike Ball Cocktail Homecoming Evening Dress Princess Fairy Dress£86.32Was: Previous price£96.99
- Topshop Kate Moss Iconic Floral Pansy Tea Dress 1940s WW2 Landgirl Vintage UK 12£154.95
- womens maxi tulle modern tango latin ballroom competition dress ballgown beading£97.00Was: Previous price£108.99
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
Women's dresses come in a vast range of styles, colours and prints. Usually full, knee or calf length, from office parties to formal affairs, there is a dress to suit every occasion and body shape.
The "little black dress" (or LBD) is thought to have gained in popularity thanks to the creations of Coco Chanel in the 1920s. Its neutrality of colour, versatility and universally figure flattering appeal make it a firm favorite still today.
Belle of the ball
Women's formal dresses are always the apparel of choice for a special occasion such as a wedding, ball or prom date. These feminine creations are usually longer or mid length and primarily crafted in materials such as opulent chiffons and silks to classic cottons and synthetic blends. These dresses are designed with a woman's silhouette in mind, with cuts such as Empire line having a fitted bodice ending just below the bustline, to give a high waisted appearance. Many women's formal dresses have eye catching detail such as sheer panels, beading, crystals and metallic thread woven into fabrics for added impact.
Traditionally, cocktail dresses are worn at cocktail parties and black tie occasions. Celebrated French fashion designer Christian Dior was the first to use the term "cocktail dress" in the 1940s to refer to early eveningwear. Historically, the length of this dress was ankle high. However, today it has evolved and many different cuts of dress style fall in this category ensuring they remain the smart choice for more formal social occasions.
Women's party dresses are usually knee length or, if you dare to bare, even higher. They can be sleeved or sleeveless, one-shoulder or strappy, depending on the look you desire. Burlesque and vintage inspired corset dresses make a real fashion statement and the more demure styles of this dress would not look out of place at a ball or prom. If you are looking for more coverage close fitting sheath dresses and bubble dresses can be accessorised to suit.
Keep it casual
A casual dress code is synonymous with comfort. There are many cuts and colours of women's casual dresses to choose from. For balmy summer days maxis, sundresses and hippie inspired boho fashions steal the show, with their skin skimming, floaty fabrics and exceptional level of comfort. If a little more coverage is required jumper dresses, wrap dresses and shirt dresses offer up informal style. In addition, clever cuts such as a figure hugging bodycons or cute wiggle and pencil dresses can cross over from day to night with the late addition of a few well-chosen accessories.