Shop by Brand
Shop by Size
Hot this week
- UK Women Fluffy Shaggy Faux Fur Warm Coat Cardigan Jacket Lady Outwear Tops£18.893 left
- Fashion Yellow Green Velvet Red Lining Kimono Long Sleeve Womens Jackets Coats£20.999 left
- UK Fashion Women Winter Warm Hooded Fluffy Coat Fleece Fur Jacket Outerwear Tops£17.6849 sold
- Winter Women Warm Long Sleeve Parka Faux Fur Coat Overcoat Fluffy Top Jacket New£22.8918 sold
- UK Womens Winter Warm Hooded Fluffy Coat Ladies Fleece Fur Jacket Outerwear Tops£18.9516 sold
- UK Women Fluffy Shaggy Faux Fur Warm Coat Cardigan Jacket Lady Outwear Tops TP£17.8814 sold
- Autumn Spring Velvet Womens Cardigan Wrap Top High Low Jacket Outfits Coat UK£25.9913 sold
- New Womens Superdry Velvet Bomber Jacket Ink£23.9911 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Size 10 River Island vintage vampish Gothic dress/frock style velvet coat£24.99+ £3.90 postageMake offer
- Elegant Silky/chiffon drape Jacket Grey Mint Velvet s 10£15.00+ £3.50 postageMake offer
- Giorgio Armani Ladies Black Velvet Jacket Size 40 Uk Size 8£39.99+ £3.95 postageMake offer
- Monsoon Dusky Grey Velvet Dress Coat Jacket Hippy Boho Lagenlook UK14£39.99+ £3.90 postageMake offer
Women's Velvet Coats and Jackets
Styles of velvet coats and jackets
Coats and jackets come in all shapes, designs, sizes, colours and prices and those made of velvet are no exception. Wearing a coat or jacket made from velvet adds a sumptuousness and a touch of luxury to your outfit. Whether you're looking for something to finish off an outfit for a special occasion or just want to add a different texture to an everyday look, a women's velvet coat or jacket can be just what you want.Velvet comes in various forms: from plain to patterned, smooth to crushed. This versatility means it is used for everything from formal full-length coats, perfect for that elegant look you want when going to the opera or a dinner dance, to a hippy and Bohemian coat, or a jacket perfect for everyday use. You can find everything from modern designs, retro 1960s and 70s to vintage styles and everything in-between.
A quick history of velvet
Velvet is a soft, luxurious fabric which probably originated in the Far East before reaching Europe, via the Middle East, in the fourteenth century. Until the industrial revolution and the advent of power looms, it was expensive to make and therefore was traditionally worn only by those who could afford it, such as royal families, the nobility and members of the church. Today's modern manufacturing methods and fibres have reduced production costs which means that velvet is now available to all, but it still retains its luxurious aura.
The way that velvet is made means that it can be difficult to clean and garments are mostly dry-clean only, but do check the care label as it can be possible to wash certain modern velvets using mild soap flakes. Remember though, you should never iron velvet as this ruins the nap/pile.