FORD MONDEO 2.0 TDCI & 2.2 TDCI POWER STEERING PUMP FAULTS
This pump is one of our highest selling pumps due to the premature failure & power steering oil leaking !
- This is one of our highest selling pumps for the reasons in our BASIC guide below
- The pump is made up of one alloy & one metal section
- The front is cast iron & the back part is alloy aluminium
- Between the two is a seal that leaks and also the front seal.
- Corrasion takes place which penertrates the seal and decays the seal.
- Faults are : noisy pump when you lock left to right ( mainly on full lock )
- Or power steering fluid leaking and NO if any power steering assistance
- I need to make you aware that this particular pump is attached to the waterpump which in turn drives the pump and it isnt an easy job if you havent done it before
- Like conventional fan belt driven pumps that are quite eay like an alternator to change this is a different subject.
- Even though lots of mondeos have a belt drive pulley type pump the 2.0.ltr TDCI & THE 2.2 LTR TDCI are waterpump driven.
- If you need more help/ advise or assistance our team of staff will be glad to assist you,
- please call our helpline and please also have your reg available so we can search our DVLA DATA BASE
- This would help us to get you the correct pump first time without delay ( if you where to decide to purchase one from us ) !
- Other than that we still would be happy to help you !
- Thankyou for finding time to read our BASIC mondeo pump guide.