Whenever you place a bid, you're agreeing to buy the item if you win the auction. However, in some situations you can retract your bid.
When you can retract a bid
You can retract a bid if:
- The seller significantly changed the description of the item
- You accidentally bid the wrong amount. For example, you meant to bid £20, not £200. In this case, enter the price you intended to bid as soon as you've retracted the incorrect bid
- You can't reach the seller. For example, you sent the seller an email and it comes back undeliverable, or you tried calling the seller and the phone number doesn't work
Timing is also important when retracting a bid:
- If there are 12 hours or more left before the listing ends, all of your bids can be retracted
- If the listing is ending in less than 12 hours, you can retract your most recent bid within an hour of placing it. Any other bids cannot be retracted, but you can contact the seller to see if they'll agree to cancel a bid for you
When bidding, double-check that you've entered the correct amount – especially when making a last minute bid.