This applies to listings, eBay Shop pages, and eBay community content including blogs, reviews, and guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered contact information?
Contact information can include emails, phone numbers, full physical addresses, and online chat IDs.
Are there special requirements for business sellers?
Yes, the rules for business sellers are slightly different. Please read more below.
Read our full policy
Contact information in listings policy overview
In general, members are not allowed to include contact information in a listing, eBay Shop page, or any eBay community content, such as blogs, reviews, and guides.
Contact information can be:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Chat ID or information
- Full physical address
Requirements for business sellers
The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 - opens in new window or tab requires businesses to provide certain information about themselves, including their contact details and geographic address at which their business is established.
To fulfill this requirement, sellers operating as a business on eBay.co.uk must complete the Business Seller Information section within their account, which will automatically display their business contact details and address on the seller's profile page.
Breaches of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Listing cancellation
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
- Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
- Loss of PowerSeller status
What are the guidelines?Allowed
- Business sellers will have their business name, contact details and physical street address automatically displayed in the Business Details section on the seller's profile page
- Businesses may not display their name and address on listings outside of the Business Details section. Displaying the name and address in the item description is not permitted
- PO box addresses are not considered to be geographic addresses and will not be accepted as a valid business address