You can also relist your item if the buyer didn't pay, you had to cancel the order, or you had to end the listing early, but in these situations you have to do so manually.
When an item is relisted, either automatically or manually, it can take a few hours before it appears on the site.
Auction style listings:
- If you're using the quick listing tool, auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times
- If you're using the advanced listing form to create an auction with a duration of 5 days or more, you can choose to automatically relist the item by checking the Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell box
If your item doesn't sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items - opens in new window or tab.
Automatic relists don't count towards your zero insertion fee listings balance.
Fixed price listings:
- If you're using the quick listing tool, fixed price listings are set to Good 'Til Cancelled duration by default. This means your item will be listed on eBay until it sells or you end it
- If you're using the advanced listing form, you can choose whether to add automatic relisting by checking the Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell box
Auction style listings with a 1 to 3 day duration have to be relisted manually. If you need to relist an auction or fixed price listing because you ended it early, cancelled an order, or the buyer didn't pay, you'll also have to do this manually.
It's important to remember that manual relists count towards your zero insertion fee listings balance. All sellers get zero insertion fee listings every month – how many you get depends on whether or not you have a subscription to an eBay Shop. If you've used up your zero insertion fee listings allowance when you manually relist, you'll be charged an insertion fee.
Here's how to manually relist an item:
- In My eBay, find your item in the Unsold - opens in new window or tab section. Under Actions, select Relist
- On Seller Hub, find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing. From the Actions dropdown, select Relist
Keep in mind that fees for any listing upgrades you've chosen will apply when an item is relisted manually.
How to remove automatic relisting
To remove the automatic relist option in Seller Hub:
- Find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing.
- Check the box beside the listing.
- From Actions, select Remove Automation rules
- Select No rule.
If you're using the advanced listing form you can also deselect Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell in the listing form.