If all your items are the same, tell us how many you have and we’ll keep track of the quantity as they’re sold. The listing will end when you run out of inventory, unless you've turned on the 'out of stock' option.
If your items have a few different options, such as color or size, you can combine them in a single listing. Learn about listing with variations.
How to create a bulk listing
To list in bulk, simply select the Fixed price format and specify the number of items you have for sale in Quantity when creating your listing.
Fixed price listings are Good ’Til Cancelled, which means your listing remains active until you sell the number of items specified or until you end the listing.
If you plan to regularly sell in bulk, we recommend using the business tool - opens in new window or tab. However, if it’s a one-off listing, then the quick listing tool - opens in new window or tab might be more appropriate.
Here’s how to get started:
- Create your listing with the business tool - opens in new window or tab or the quick listing tool - opens in new window or tab.
- Choose Fixed price as your listing format and enter your Buy It Now price.
- Enter the quantity.
- Complete the rest of your listing and select Submit.
If you’re using the quick listing tool, be sure to enable “more options” to see the bulk listing option. Simply select Change listing preferences at the top of the page, check the Enable more options box, and hit Save. You can then select More options to enter your quantity.
How to update your listing quantity
You can change how many items are available on your listing at any time. Find the listing in My eBay - opens in new window or tab or Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab, and either select Edit, then update the quantity.
There are two important reasons for keeping the quantity of items up to date on your listing:
- A listing’s sales history is one of the things that determines its position in Best Match search results. If you get more stock, you should add it to the existent listing rather than creating a new one.
- You don’t want to oversell items. Buyers don’t want you to cancel their order because the item is out of stock; doing so can affect your seller standing.
Set up the out-of-stock feature to hide your listing in case you temporarily run out of inventory.
How to set preferences for bulk listings
You’ll always see exactly how many items are left on your listing, but it’s up to you whether to let buyers see the exact number or only a range.
Here’s how to edit your quantity display preference:
- Go to Site Preferences - opens in new window or tab in My eBay and select Show next to Sell Your Item form and listings.
- Select Edit and choose either:
- Display “More than 10 available” in your listing (if applicable), or
- Display the exact quantity in your listings
- Select Submit.
Your bulk listing will be shown to buyers until you've sold all your items. When the quantity runs out, the listing will end.
However, if you regularly restock that item, you can use our out-of-stock option to hide your listing from search results until you refill the quantity
Here’s how to enable the out-of-stock option:
- Go to Site preferences in My eBay.
- In the Sell Your Item form and listings section, tick Yes next to Use the out-of-stock option.
- Select Apply.
When you set up the out-of-stock option, the following will happen: :
- All of your existing and future bulk listings use the out-of-stock option until you disable it
- When the quantity of the listing becomes 0 (either because all the items were sold, or you adjusted the quantity), your listing stays active but hidden from search results
- The listing will reappear in search results when you increase the quantity of items available
- You can still end your Good ’Til Cancelled listing yourself at any time
Using the out-of-stock option on your Good ’Til Cancelled listings may help protect you from receiving a transaction defect for running out of stock. Learn more about our seller performance standards.
Insertion fees and credits
With a Good ’Til Cancelled listing, we charge an insertion fee every month from the time you create it until all the items in the listing sell, you end the listing, or we end the listing. Fee amounts are based on the terms in effect when you create the listing and when it renews. Learn more about our standard selling fees.
If you enable the out-of-stock option, and your Good ’Til Cancelled listing has a quantity of 0 for the entire month’s billing period, at the end of that period you may qualify for an insertion fee credit and a credit of any advanced listing upgrade fees applicable to that period. Learn more about receiving fee credits.
If your listing has a quantity of 0 for 180 consecutive days, we will end it.