eBay Delivery powered by Packlink
eBay Delivery powered by Packlink is a platform that allows UK sellers to purchase Delivery labels at competitive rates.
When you print a postage label on eBay, you'll save money with the rates compared to what you'd pay at the post office, or to a carrier for most services. You'll also save time by not having to queue. You have the option to pay for your labels as you go, or by invoice.
Simply take your sold items to their nearest drop-off location or have them collected. eBay Delivery offers fully tracked services, protecting you if the item is not received, or damaged in transit.
Benefits of using Packlink
You can save time and money when you create postage labels with eBay Delivery powered by Packlink.
- Your postage label is filled out automatically with your buyer's name and delivery address
- You can use our bulk label tool to print all of your labels together. You can also choose to fit your labels on a single sheet of A4 size paper to lower your printing costs
- You can print your labels on an ordinary printer, or use the print in store feature which gives you the opportunity to print a label in a drop off location
- You can create and print a pre-filled packing slip, detailing what you're sending to your buyer
- You can save time by having your parcel collected
- Tracking information appears automatically in My eBay and Seller Hub for both you and the buyer
- You may have access to discounted prices with Packlink labels
- You can view your created, in transit, and delivered shipments on the label platform
- You can view your invoices on the invoice page
How to create and print a postage label with Packlink
It's easy to create and print postage labels using eBay Delivery powered by Packlink. Here's how:
- Go to Sold in My eBay or Seller Hub, select the item and then select Print postage label.
- Select eBay Delivery powered by Packlink, and login.
- Choose your preferred delivery service by selecting View all services.
- Select a package size and a dispatch method. You can choose to drop your item off at a participating outlet most convenient for you, or have it collected.
- If you'd like to have your item collected, select Collection, your preferred courier and the date you'd like the item to be picked up.
- Review the summary of the details you selected including preferred delivery service, total cost and terms and conditions (T&Cs) then select Confirm and pay.
- Select Print label.
- Package the item safely and make sure the label is clearly visible, then take it to the drop off outlet you selected earlier, or prepare it for collection.
Note: When you print a label you'll be charged for it, whether it's used or not. However you can cancel unused labels within 15 days.
If you don't have access to a printer, you can select Print in store for FREE under Additional services. You'll then receive a 6 digit code by email which you can use to print your label in Store.
How to create and print multiple labels
You can see all of your orders that are awaiting dispatch, and buy and print postage labels for them by going to the Bulk shipping tool, or by visiting the Manage orders awaiting dispatch tab in Seller Hub.
Posting an order in multiple packages
When posting an order in multiple packages, you can print a different label for each package. Simply select Buy labels in bulk at the top of the page and choose the order to add additional parcels.
How to print a packing slip and order details
A packing slip is a receipt summarising the details of the sale. You can print one by choosing Print packing slip on the Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab page.
You can also print out the full order details for the item. Here's how:
- Go to My eBay and then Sold - opens in new window or tab.
- Select More Actions and then View order details.
- On the Order details page, select the printer version option, and print the page.
International delivery through Packlink
When posting items internationally, you can pay for postage and print delivery labels through eBay delivery by Packlink. In the UK, Packlink is supported by UPS.
You can also arrange delivery abroad using a nearby drop-off location or requesting a collection.
For more information on delivering items internationally, see our article on International postage for sellers.
Paying for your labels
With eBay Delivery powered by Packlink, you can pay for labels as you use them, or you can choose to pay on invoice.
When you print a label you'll be charged for it, whether it's used or not. However you can cancel unused labels within 15 days.
Pay as you Go
We now offer a convenient pay as you go option when purchasing labels on eBay. All you need to do is select one of the Packlink services and enter your credit or debit card details. The payment card details will be remembered for your next purchase.
Pay on invoice
If you'd rather be billed for your labels, you can set up deferred payment and pay by credit card or PayPal.
Our billing cycle is every 2 weeks on 15/16 and 30/31 of each month, so once you activate deferred payment, you'll receive a single invoice for all shipments made every 15 days.
You can pay using PayPal and all major credit and debit cards. The invoice due amount will be automatically deducted from your chosen payment method 15 days after the invoice date. You can view all your invoices on your invoice page.
How to cancel a postage label
If you printed a label with eBay Delivery Powered by Packlink, you can cancel it within 15 days by visiting Packlink help page on cancelling or modifying a shipment.
If you cancel the label before your next invoice, you will not be charged.
If you cancel the label after your next invoice is issued, you’ll see a negative line on your following invoice. The amount of the cancelled label will be subtracted from the total amount to be paid, however if you make no shipments on the next invoice, you’ll receive a refund as per the cancellation policy.
Buying and printing Royal Mail labels on eBay
Here's how to print or reprint a Royal Mail postage label:
- Go to your Sold items, and select Print postage label next to the item.
- Enter the weight of your item, including any packaging, and select the package size and service.
- When you’ve paid, you’ll be prompted to print your label, which you can do from your laptop or desktop PC.
- Attach it to your parcel using clear sticky tape, ensuring the address and bar codes are clear.
Here are some points to consider when purchasing Royal Mail labels:
- Royal Mail labels need to be used by the end of the next working day
- If unused, make sure to void the label within 14 days, to get a refund
- If you purchase an untracked service such as Royal Mail 2nd class, the reference number will be added to the tracking overlay. However, this does not mean that the service is tracked.