When you print a postage label on eBay, our negotiated rates let you save money relative to what you would pay at the post office or to a carrier for most services, and you'll save time by not having to queue. The cost of the label is then charged to your PayPal account.
eBay delivery powered by Shutl
eBay delivery powered by Shutl is a platform that allows UK sellers to purchase delivery labels at competitive rates. Sellers can then take their sold items to a their nearest drop-off location or have them collected. eBay delivery offers fully tracked services, protecting you if the item is not received, or damaged in transit.
Benefits of using Shutl
You can save time and money when you create postage labels with eBay delivery powered by Shutl.
- Your postage label is filled out automatically with your buyer's name and delivery address
- You can use our bulk label tool to print all of your labels together. You can also choose to fit your labels on a single sheet of A4 size paper to lower your printing costs
- You can print your labels on an ordinary printer
- You can create and print a pre-filled packing slip, detailing what you are sending to your buyer
- You can save time by having your parcel collected
- Tracking information appears automatically in My eBay and Seller Hub for both you and the buyer
- Shutl labels can be purchased at discounted prices
- You'll receive a monthly online invoice so you can keep track of your printing costs
How to create and print a postage label with Shutl
It's easy for UK sellers to create and print postage labels using eBay delivery powered by Shutl. Here's how:
- Go to Sold in My eBay or Seller Hub, select the item and then select Print postage label. You'll be taken to eBay delivery powered by Shutl.
- Choose your preferred delivery service by selecting View all services.
- Select a package size and a dispatch method. You can choose to drop your item off at a participating outlet most convenient for you, or have it collected.
- If you'd like to have your item collected, select Collection, your preferred courier and the date you'd like the item to be picked up.
- Review the summary of the details you selected including preferred delivery service, total cost and terms and conditions (T&Cs) then select Confirm and pay.
- Select Print label.
- Package the item safely and make sure the label is clearly visible, then take it to the drop off outlet you selected earlier or prepare it for collection.
If you don't have access to a printer, you can select Print in store for FREE under Additional services. You'll then receive a 6 digit code by email which you can use to print your label in Store.
How to create and print multiple labels
You can see all of your orders that are awaiting dispatch, and buy and print postage labels for them, by going to the Bulk shipping tool, or by visiting the Manage orders awaiting shipment tab in Seller Hub.
Posting an order in multiple packages
When posting an order in multiple packages, you can print a different label for each package.
Once you've printed the label for your first package, simply select Print another label for this order from the label confirmation page. You can then enter the weight and dimensions for the next package.
Each additional label you print will have its own tracking number and will be charged separately, based on the package weight and dimensions you entered.
How to void a postage label
If you’ve printed your label with eBay Delivery Powered by Shutl you don’t need to do anything if you created the wrong label. You won’t be charged for a label unless it’s scanned.
However, if you’ve printed a Royal Mail label in error or provided the wrong delivery address, you’ll need to void the label and print a new one. You can void or cancel a label up to 14 calendar days after purchase. Here’s how:
- Go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the item you’d like to void the postage label for, and from the Actions column, select More Actions, and then Void.
- Select Void postage label.
The cost of the label will be refunded to your PayPal account within 21 days.
How to print a packing slip and order details
A packing slip is a receipt summarising the details of the sale. You can print one by choosing Print packing slip on the Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab page.
You can also print out the full order details for the item. Here's how:
- Go to My eBay and then Sold - opens in new window or tab.
- Select More Actions and then View order details.
- On the Order details page, select the printer version option, and print the page.
Paying your monthy invoice
You'll receive a monthly invoice for your delivery service fees by email. You'll only be charged for labels when you actually use them, so if you print a label but don't use it, you won't be charged.
To pay your invoice, select Pay invoice on the invoice to pay the balance. At present we only accept PayPal as a payment method. Alternatively, we will automatically deduct the invoice due amount from your PayPal account 15 days after the invoice date.
For more information on the service, visit Shutl's website - opens in new window or tab. If you have an issue, contact Shutl's support service - opens in new window or tab.