When you offer international postage in your listings, your items are available automatically to buyers outside the UK. With no additional fees, you'll benefit from millions of potential buyers.
Requirements for selling internationally
When you sell internationally, you need to make sure that the item you're listing can legally be sold in other countries, as the applicable laws may be different to your own country.
To sell internationally on eBay, you need to:
- Have an eBay account in good standing
- Have a PayPal account and be PayPal verified
- Meet the selling and item requirements of the site(s) where you want your listings to appear
- When selling internationally - either by listing on a site different from your site of registration or by selecting an international postage option - your item may be sold to a buyer on another eBay site
Before allowing you to sell internationally, we may ask you to sign an International Selling Agreement acknowledging that items sold to buyers on other eBay sites are subject to the policies of those sites, including their eBay Money Back Guarantee.
How to sell internationally
You can make your listings available worldwide, or just to buyers in certain countries – simply add international postage options to your listings. International buyers will be able to see that while your location is in the UK, delivery is available to their country.
Here's how to add international postage to your listings:
- On your listing, choose Show international services and options and select Save.
- Choose Flat Rate or Calculated. A flat rate means you choose a postage cost. Calculated postage is determined by the buyer's location using a UK postal service's pricing.
- Select the countries you'll post to from Destination, and choose your preferred postal carrier from Service.
If you want to sell overseas, your listings and transactions need to comply with laws in both your country and the buyer's.
See eBay's International trading policy for more information.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with listing and buyer protection policies on the eBay sites where you sell.
You can choose the countries you want to post to in different ways:
- On an item-by-item basis: Whenever you list an item, select international postage locations on the listing form. You can choose Worldwide, or select particular regions or countries
- As a standard rule: You can specify regions or countries you don't want to post to in Site preferences - opens in new window or tab. These rules will apply to any future listings you create