Unless otherwise stated in the item description, your order will be sent by a courier company such as DX or Royal Mail. If you are not in when they try to deliver, they will either leave your goods in a safe place, or usually leave a card letting you know there has been an unsuccessful delivery attempt and giving you a number to call to rearrange delivery or an address from which you can collect the parcel. If there is a safe place where the items can be left (eg 'round the back' or 'in the garage'), please let us know at the time of ordering. You'll be given a chance in the checkout procedure to leave instructions that we will pass on to the carriers, although please note that we cannot guarantee they will always adhere to them. Please note that for some large or heavy items, it may be impractical for carriers to deliver to a specified point and may limit delivery to kerbside.
Once you place an order with Primrose, you will receive an order acknowledgment email stating the items you have ordered. This does not constitute acceptance of your order.
Acceptance is acknowledged when your order has been shipped from our warehouse or suppliers.
Non-acceptance of your order may be due to: being unable to authorise your payment, the product being unavailable, a product pricing or description error.
- Where do you deliver to?
We can usually deliver to all areas of mainland UK and Northern Ireland, however some items may incur an additional charge for Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands. Please request a price for delivery outside of Mainland UK, we can however decline to send to these parts of the UK at our discretion.
- How quickly do you deliver?
Each item has an estimate of the delivery time in the product description beside the picture.
Next Day Delivery (also known as “Next Working Day Delivery”)
Some of our products will automatically be delivered “Next Day”. (Delivery times are clearly stated to the right of the picture of the product.)
On other products, there may be an additional, optional charge for Next Day Delivery. (The option will be clearly shown by the product.)
If Next Day Delivery is not offered beside a product, it may still be worth giving us a call - we may be able to help.
1) “Next Day Delivery” or “Next Working Day delivery” both mean the same thing: any orders placed by 2pm on a working day (ie Mon – Fri) will be delivered on the next working day. Orders placed over the weekend will be delivered Tuesday.
1) Very occasionally, things can go wrong with Next Day Delivery. We have about 99% success rate, but sometimes circumstances beyond our control will make it impossible for our couriers to deliver next day. So we can never 100% guarantee delivery. In the event of a late delivery, we will of course refund any additional charge you have paid for next day delivery, however, late delivery does not of itself entitle you to cancel your order.
2) Unfortunately, any additional Next Day Delivery charges (when a delivery attempt is made on time) cannot be refunded if you decide to return the goods.
3) If you want to order more than one product and Next Day Delivery is not available on all products, we may not be able to deliver your Next Day product next day.
To ensure that you get your Next Day order next day, please place two separate orders. Alternatively, contact our customer service team before you place the order and we’ll let you know if we can ensure that your Next Day order is not held up by other items on your order.
Sameday despatch by first class post
Some products are marked 'Sameday despatch by first class post'. Royal Mail say that 90% of first class post deliveries will arrive next day and this matches our experience. Larger orders for first class post items may be sent by courier to ensure reliable delivery.
What if I order more than one item?
If you order more than one item, items with a faster delivery time may be delayed (unless you have paid extra for Next Working Day Delivery, in which case we will either deliver everything Next Working Day, or we will split your order so that the product for which you have paid for Next Day Delivery will be delivered next day).
If one item is described as out of stock, please make 2 separate orders if you require in-stock items delivered immediately.
Do I need to be in to sign for the delivery?
- Not necessarily. Sometimes our couriers will be happy to leave your order without a signature (at our risk, of course).
Signing for delivery
- Before you sign for the goods, please inspect the product inside the box to ensure that everything has arrived undamaged. We pack our goods extremely carefully and damages are rare, however, once you have signed for the goods it may not be possible to prove that the damage occurred before they came into your possession. If the goods are left without a signature, we must be notified of any damages or shortages within 24 hours of the delivery taking place. See 'Damaged Items' below.
Can I ask for the goods to be left round the back?
Please do. There is a box for "Delivery Instructions" when you place your order. Our couriers are usually very helpful. However, they can't always guarantee to deliver to any particular part of your property - with large orders (for example hurdle fence panels) it may not be possible to take them round the back.
- Can I ask for delivery on a specific day or specific time?
If you request delivery on a specific date, we will usually be able to attempt to deliver on that day, however we're dependent on our carriers and therefore we cannot absolutely guarantee delivery on a specific date. For this reason, we'd rather you didn't take a day off work to wait in for the couriers: a better alternative is to have the order sent to a work address.
- What about delivering at a specific time? Delivering at a specific time is very difficult for a courier company - this facility is available but it is usually very expensive.
- Can the courier call me half an hour before he gets to me - I'm only round the corner? Unfortunately, couriers just aren't set up to give this level of service - it is possible, but it will usually cost us at least an extra £20.
- What about Saturday delivery?
Saturday delivery is usually an extra £20.00. Please call or email for this service.
- How do I track my order? If you have a query about your order please call our customer service team on 0118 903 5210 or email email@example.com .
What if I need to cancel my order before it's been despatched?
You can cancel your order in writing at any time up to the end of 60 working days after the goods arrive. If your order has already been despatched, or we are not able to prevent the despatch of goods, you can always return them under our 60 day returns policy (see below). If you cancel an order before despatch, we will give you a cancellation number which you should retain in the event of any subsequent enquiry. That number is your proof that you have cancelled the order.
Items ‘made to order’ cannot be cancelled. ‘Made to order’ or ‘bespoke’ items will usually be described as such on the website. In addition, anything where you specify for example a colour or size that is not described on the website is ‘made to order’. For more information on items 'made to order', see 'Returns'.
Shortages - did everything arrive?
If you believe an item hasn’t arrived please open a resolution centre case on eBay and we will sort the matter out for you immediately.
If you've ordered more than one item, please check the contents of your delivery and compare it with our packing note to ensure that all goods have arrived. You must notify us by email or phone within 24 hours if something hasn't arrived. Note that if you've ordered more than one item, we sometimes send by more than one courier, possibly on a different date, but this should be marked on your packing slip.
We do of course make every effort to ensure that your order will arrive within the delivery times shown on the website. Unfortunately, on rare occasions this may not always be possible. Should your order be delayed or fail to arrive when expected, please contact us immediately and we will do our best to resolve any problems. (Please note that our liability does not extend to providing compensation for late or failed deliveries.)
We fully comply with the Distance Selling Regulations, which give consumers buying by mail-order the right to examine and test items at home as they would in a shop.
So, if you're not happy with anything you've bought, you have 60 days to return it to us. Simply open a returns request in the resolution centre and send the item back to us. We'll give you a complete refund including any standard cost of delivering the items to you. It is your responsibility to arrange and pay for the return of goods that have been correctly supplied and are not faulty. We recommend that they are sent via an insured and signed-for service.
Please make sure that goods arrive back with us undamaged and in the original packaging within 14 days of you receiving them. If you return the goods by Royal Mail we recommend you use a service that provides you with proof of delivery.
Please be aware that although most of our items are returnable, for reasons of hygiene we are unable to accept back certain items of clothing like socks, unless returned unworn and fully repackaged as received.
How do I notify you?
Please open a returns request in the resolution centre and one of our friendly eBay support staff will help you through the process of returning the item back.
If you do think you might want to return any goods, please don't use them outside or test them in a way that you wouldn't be able to in a shop. If the original packaging is sealed in see-through plastic that allows you to examine the contents as you would in a shop, please don't open the packaging. Otherwise, don't hesitate to open the packaging to inspect the goods, but please don't dispose of the packaging until you're sure you want to keep it.
- Very occasionally, and despite the considerable experience of our despatch team and couriers, items can become damaged in transit.
Before you sign for the goods, please inspect them to ensure that they have arrived undamaged. We pack our goods extremely carefully and damages are rare, however, once you have signed for the goods it may not be possible to prove that the damage occurred before they came into your possession. If the goods are left without a signature, please an eBay resolution center case to notify us of any damages or shortages.
Faults and warranties
All our products have at least a one year manufacturer's warranty (except in certain circumstances for bulbs and heating elements). Faults are very rare, but if you consider an item to be faulty please call us immediately. We may be able to help solve the problem over the phone. If the item needs to be returned for inspection, please check with us how the item should be returned. Faulty items will be repaired or replaced.
In the unlikely event that a product develops a fault once you have received it, we will at our discretion either repair it, replace the faulty part or offer a refund but we are not responsible for any consequential loss or expenditure incurred as a result of any fault arising.