The best fan on the market...
I really enjoy this fan, I really do.
+ It's awesome design and outstanding features are really great.
+This particular fan that's not the round model actually fits really well into any room i've had it in, since its not that wide you can fit it in a corner or even a table underneath a window if you need cool air flowing into the room.
+ The awesome rotation makes cold air reach the whole room, not as efficient as dyson shows in their videos, but it makes the room at even temperature. And note! It rotates around it's own base, so less room is required.
+ Dysom support team. Really the best support team i've ever come across. They help you, no matter what!
+ Remote control, you never really apprised and fought about getting a remote to a fan... But when you have it, you really dont wanna be without it any more.
Build quality seems like the best, its plastic and metal and blends well in together, stylish and have the perfect mate finish. The detailed reflective pars are really a nice touch.
The negatives then...
- The heat mode smells a bit "hot" like a newly changed tip on a soldering iron, but more. (might go away of you keep it heated for a looong time?, not 1 day tho)
- I had some issues with mine that made it not rotate, but the Dyson support is outstanding, best in the business, for sure!
- It is advertised as a really quiet fan, that you can barely hear when you watch tv. But i have something else to say, its quite quiet on low mode, (1-2) sounds as much as my stationary pc with 14 low rpm fans. On settings 10 and up there is really a lot of sound and it will be louder than the tv. Tho, with rotation mode you dont really need more settings than 1-3 to keep your room cold.
- The temperature gauge on the "heat mode" seems a bit off... I really need to set it to 27 to heat my room from 21.
- It's REALLY pricey... You cant really deny it. you can prob. get 10 fans for the same price, but its only 1/10 quality. Can you afford it without looking back? then its the best fan on the market... Can you not live with the price tag, then there is more cheap options out there.
- You really buy it for its appearance.
Would i recommend it? Yes, but no. Yes its the best fan out there, but i really cant overcome the price. Half the price, and i wouldn't ever say No.