All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuperb example of the ever popular Japanese POW memoir genre.
- Author BiographyColonel Cary Owtram was educated at Shrewsbury School before being commissioned into the Royal Marine Artillery in 1917. He remained a member of the Territorial Army, while working in the cotton spinning industry until 1939 when he joined 137 Field Regiment RA. His war service in Malaya and captivity in Singapore and on the Burma Railway are the subject of this exceptional memoir. After the War he formed a new TA regiment which he commanded. As well as being awarded the OBE, he was High Sheriff of Lancashire (1965), a Deputy Lieutenant of the County, a Justice of the Peace, President of the Lunesdale and Preston Trading Society and Chairman and President of the Royal Lancashire Agricultural Society.
- Author(s)H. C. Owtram
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2017
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.69Trending at £4.81
- £6.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.69Trending at £5.58
- £4.69Trending at £7.31
- £7.10Trending at £12.69
- £4.95Trending at £5.99
- £4.90Trending at £7.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.