All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWBC series delivers the best in biblical scholarship, from the leading scholars who share a commitment to Scripture as divine revelation. It emphasizes a thorough analysis of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological evidence. The result is judicious and balanced insight into the meanings of the text in the framework of biblical theology.
- Author BiographyStephen S. Smalley (Ph.D., Cambridge) has retired from his position as Dean of Chester in England. His previous works include John: Evangelist and Interpreter, The Revelation to John, and numerous scholarly articles on the Johannine corpus. Bruce M. Metzger (1914 - 2007) was a biblical scholar, textual critic, and a longtime professor at Princeton Theological Seminary. Metzger is widely considered one of the most influential New Testament scholars of the 20th century. He was a general editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1997 - 2007). David Allan Hubbard (1928 - 1996), former president and professor of Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, was a recognized biblical scholar. In addition to over 30 books, he has written numerous articles for journals, periodicals, reference works. He was a general editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1977 - 1996). Glenn W. Barker (d. 1984) was a general editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1977 - 1984). John D. W. Watts (1921 - 2013) was President of the Baptist Theological Seminary, Ruschlikon, Switzerland, and served as Professor of Old Testament at that institution, at Fuller Theological Seminary, and the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. His numerous publications include commentaries on Isaiah (2 volumes), Amos, and Obadiah. He was Old Testament editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1977 - 2011). Ralph P. Martin (1925-2013) was Distinguished Scholar in Residence at Fuller Theological Seminary and a New Testament Editor for the Word Biblical Commentary series. He earned the BA and MA from the University of Manchester, England, and the PhD from King's College, University of London. He was the author of numerous studies and commentaries on the New Testament, including Worship in the Early Church, the volume on Philippians in The Tyndale New Testament Commentary series. He also wrote 2 Corinthians and James in the WBC series.
- Author(s)Stephen S. Smalley
- Date of Publication17/12/2014
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleWord Biblical Commentary
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Weight747 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Series Edited byJohn D. W. Watts,Ralph P. Martin
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.00
- £31.49Trending at £34.19
- £13.79Trending at £20.01
- £5.19Trending at £5.49
- £23.44Trending at £40.21
- £9.70Trending at £10.26
- £6.18Trending at £6.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.