All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican speakers know what it means to take the bull by the horns or make ends meet, but if English is your second language, these phrases can be a source of confusion. This book explains these common US expressions with dialogues that put the phrase in context as well as their meanings in standard English.
- Author BiographyHarry Collis is an experienced teacher of English as a second language, as well as author of books on American English idioms, proverbs, riddles, superstitions, and customs.
- Author(s)Harry Collis
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleNTC Foreign Language
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.99
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.