All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the principles of the Miller Method, this book is a practical, how-to guide filled with quick, effective tips for dealing with issues such as tantrums, inappropriate behaviour, lack of focus and communication, toilet training and developing friendships in children with autism.
- Author BiographySince her son was diagnosed with autism 15 years ago, Theresa Smith has immersed herself in autism literature and research, reading widely and attending conferences and conventions. She has worked closely with schools, private cognitive therapists, occupational therapists, equine therapists and speech therapists who have treated her son. Additionally, she worked with Dr Arnold Miller in his lifetime and was involved in editing his book on the Miller Method. She is Visiting Professor of Political Science at Albright College, Reading, PA, and lives in Pottstown, PA.Dr Arnold Miller was a clinical psychologist and author of 'The Miller Method: Developing the Capacities of Children on the Autism Spectrum', also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. He was Executive Director of the Language and Cognitive Development Center of Newton, Massachusetts and Affiliate Professor of Psychology at Clark University, Massachusetts. Dr Miller and his wife Eileen Eller-Miller created the Miller Method for treating autism.
- Author(s)Arnold Miller,Theresa Smith
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- GenrePregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight308 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Foreword byPaul J. Callahan
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
Save on Pregnancy Books
- £9.99Trending at £11.16
- £5.62Trending at £5.75
- £9.99Trending at £10.98
- £13.41Trending at £13.64
- £19.97Trending at £25.95
- £11.68Trending at £11.84
- £9.79Trending at £12.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.