1500 California Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, A Revised version of 1000 California Place Names by Erwin G. Gudde, Third edition by William Bright (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £11.19+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £4.70Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 24 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £23.48Trending at £24.33
- £13.79Trending at £18.95
- £20.52Trending at £20.96
- £19.26Trending at £25.94
- £8.82Trending at £12.37
- £16.94Trending at £21.24
- £8.84Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionA pocket version of the classic California Place Names . It focuses on two sorts of names: those that are well-known as destinations or geographical features of the state, such as La Jolla, Tahoe, and Alcatraz, and those that demand attention because of their problematic origins, whether Spanish like Bodega or Native American like Siskiyou.
- Author BiographyWilliam Bright is Professor Adjoint in Linguistics at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and author of numerous books including A Coyote Reader (California, 1993). He edited the four-volume International Encyclopedia of Linguistics (1991), as well as the revised, unabridged California Place Names (California, 1998).
- Author(s)William Bright
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication17/11/1998
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight23 g
- Width108 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.