CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an illustrated survey of Mayan literature, from the earliest hieroglyphic inscriptions to the works of later writers using the Roman alphabet. This book considers the texts chronologically. It establishes that women were among the ancient writers and challenges the idea that Mayan rulers claimed the status of gods.
- Author BiographyDennis Tedlock is Distinguished Professor and Endowed McNulty Chair of English and Research Professor of Anthropology at the University at Buffalo of the State University of New York. He won the PEN Translation Prize for Popol Vuh: The Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life and the Glories of Gods and Kings. For his other books he has received awards from the American Folklore Society, the Society for Linguistic Anthropology, the Society for Humanistic Anthropology, and the Association of American Publishers.
- Author(s)Dennis Tedlock
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication09/08/2004
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Out-of-print date23/12/2016
- Content Note78 b/w photographs, 291 line illustrations, 20 maps
- Weight975 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.