All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen companies develop a new technology, do they ask how it might affect the people who will actually use it? That, more or less, sums up Brian David Johnson's duties as Intel's futurist-in-residence. In this fascinating book, Johnson provides a collection of science fiction prototyping stories that attempt to answer the question.
- Author BiographyThe future is Brian David Johnson's business. As a futurist at Intel Corporation, his charter is to develop an actionable vision for computing in 2020. His work is called future casting - using ethnographic field studies, technology research, trend data, and even science fiction to provide Intel with a pragmatic vision of consumers and computing. Along with reinventing TV, Johnson has been pioneering development in artificial intelligence, robotics, and using science fiction as a design tool. He speaks and writes extensively about future technologies in articles and scientific papers as well as science fiction short stories and novels (Fake Plastic Love, Nebulous Mechanisms: The Dr. Simon Egerton Stories and the forthcoming This Is Planet Earth). He has directed two feature films and is an illustrator and commissioned painter.
- Author(s)Brian David Johnson
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- GenreComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight377 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.99
- £8.13Trending at £9.74
- £25.45Trending at £27.74
- £26.30Trending at £27.78
- £17.99Trending at £19.66
- £7.47Trending at £8.16
- £8.23Trending at £11.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.