All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrating the pioneers who helped establish and nurture the Theatre for Young Audiences sector in England over 50 years of original theatre. Compiled by two leading practitioners, this one-stop resource is of interest to parents, teachers, theatre programmers, festival organisers and others interested in professional theatre for young audiences.
- Author BiographyVicky Ireland MBE has worked as an actress and as a presenter on BBC TV's Words and Pictures. She was Artistic Director of Polka Theatre, (1988-2002) and has since adapted and directed six books by Jacqueline Wilson. Television includes two adaptations of Allan Ahlberg's Happy Families for BBC TV receiving a Writers' Guild nomination. Vicky is co-artistic director of A Thousand Cranes Theatre and Vice-Chair of Action for Children's Arts. Paul Harman started work as an actor in repertory theatres in 1963 and soon found his way to professional theatre for young audiences via the Coventry Belgrade Theatre in Education team. He was founder and Artistic Director of Merseyside Young People's Theatre in Liverpool 1978 - 89 and Artistic Director of Cleveland Theatre Company in Darlington 1994 - 2008. His productions for young audiences have toured to many countries and he has translated plays for young audiences from French and German. Currently Chair of TYA-UK Centre of ASSITEJ, (the International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People) and a member of the Executive Committee of ASSITEJ International from 2008 - 2011.
- PublisherAurora Metro Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationTwickenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurora Metro Books
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight227 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byPaul Harman,Vicky Ireland
- Foreword byKen Robinson
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.20
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.