All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionErnest Sheasby arrived in the small village of Corfe Castle in Dorset around 1896. After ten years in employment, he set up shop with a horse and carriage business. The Story of Sheasby's South Dorset Coaches lists most of the 120 vehicles that were operated during the company's ninety-nine years as well as a biography of the Sheasby family.
- Author BiographyLiving in north London, Andrew Mead has always loved the Isle of Purbeck area of Dorset since a child. Fascinated by motor transport from an early age, family holidays to Swanage introduced him to the local coach firm South Dorset Coaches. Over a period of several years visiting Swanage, Mead became friends with Norman Sheasby, who was a director of South Dorset Coaches, and many of the staff. 99 Years of Coaching: The Story of Sheasby's South Dorset Coaches is Mead's first book for Fonthill Media.
- Author(s)Andrew Mead
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- GenreRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note153 black and white photographs
- Weight270 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £6.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.