Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.99+ £2.50 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by bayleafandglitter
- See details for delivery est.
- £1.61+ £3.43 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by 123dvd_shop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirector Ron Howard delivers his finest effort with his extraordinary film, A BEAUTIFUL MIND, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2001. Based loosely on Sylvia Nasar's acclaimed biography of mathematician John Forbes Nash, the film is a compelling look at one man's genius, his debilitating mental illness, and the fine line between the two. A BEAUTIFUL MIND begins with Nash (Russell Crowe) at Princeton, where he struggles to think of an original idea, and the stroke of genius that will make him matter. Nash is eccentric, socially awkward, and extremely competitive. Eventually, he finds the inspiration for his innovative and influential work on game theory. He's chosen for a post at MIT, which includes crucial code-breaking work for the US government. There, he meets a beautiful and brilliant student, Alicia (Jennifer Connelly). They marry but their happiness is threatened, as Nash, belatedly diagnosed as schizophrenic, descends into madness. Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman cannily condenses Nash's story, and the film manages to dramatize both Nash's mathematical brilliance and his schizophrenia in a compellingly visual manner. Crowe delivers a strong performance, and has real chemistry with Connelly. The two make the film's story about the power of love believable and moving.
- Leading Role 1Russell Crowe
- Director 1Ron Howard
- Leading Role 2Jennifer Connelly
- Leading Role 3Paul Bettany
- Additional Roles byAnthony Rapp,Ed Harris,Christopher Plummer,Judd Hirsch,Adam Goldberg,Josh Lucas
- ProducerRon Howard,Brian Grazer
- ScreenwriterAkiva Goldsman
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2002
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesEnglish,Hungarian
- Running Time222 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- sexyshell196528 Sep, 2012by
Amazing true story with Passion, Courage and Triumph.
I purchased this film as i have a brother who is schizophrenic and has a beautiful mind and is very similar to John Nash not as a recognised genius but his ability to do maths is mind blowing. This is the true story of brilliant mathematician John Nash and how his life is contolled by his schizophrenia, how it affect him and his wife and what really goes on in the mind of a schizoprenic, Its a powerful story and a astonishing performance by Russell Crow, it shows how his devoted wife helps him overcome real and not real in his amazing mind, I love this film and find it facinating and uplifting the Courage, passion and overall the triumph of a beautiful mind. You wont be dissapointed.
- justcallmeishma...08 Apr, 2012by
Crowe's portrayal of the schizophrenic, mathematician John Nash, albeit not entirely accurate, is convincing and thought provoking. As is the entire film; the plot is dense and sometimes unexpected, the scenery is an accurate protrayal, and the narrative is beautifully simple and moving. The supporting acting, especially that of Jennifer Connolly, leaves much to be desired, but the beautiful simplicity of the plot and story distracts from it. Overall, a thought-provoking, moving, beautiful film.
- smootherbooth03 Feb, 2011by
Good for Schizophrenia education
I bought this to help answer the question posed by my twelve year old daughter about schizophrenia. I remembered seeing the film some time ago and, watching it again, this time as a family, we felt that it handled the mental illness issues in a balanced and compassionate way. The bonus material on the second disk was also very good (we particularly enjoyed the special effects documentary).
- badgersbullies14 Nov, 2010by
A Beautiful Mind (DVD 2002)
Excellent film well worth the money ..............................................................................
- emilyruthmancey26 Sep, 2010by
I needed to watch this for a Psychology lesson as my first couple of lessons have been learning about Schizophrenia and John Nash. Russell Crowe is amazing and protrayed the symptoms well. a must watch x
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.95Trending at £8.24
- £5.49Trending at £7.65
- £7.20Trending at £13.07
- £21.79Trending at £22.18
- £7.99Trending at £8.78
- £4.99Trending at £7.74
- £6.99Trending at £13.45