Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.34Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionReissued for the 2016 Quatercentenary of Shakespeare's death, Israel Gollancz's A Book of Homage to Shakespeare is presented with a new introduction to reflect on the 100 years since it first appeared.
- Author BiographySir Israel Gollanz was a literary scholar and chair of English language and literature at King's College, London from 1903 until 1930. He was also one of the founders and original fellows of the British Academy. Gollancz was the general editor of the Temple Shakespeare, the Temple Classics, the King's Library, the King's Novels, the Medieval Library, and the Shakespeare Survey. Gollancz won wide recognition for his scholarship both at home and abroad, and was knighted in 1919. He died at his home in June 1930. Gordon McMullan is Professor of English at King's College London and Director of the London Shakespeare Centre. He is a critic and an editor with a focus on Shakespeare and early modern drama. He is a general editor of the Arden Early Modern Drama series and author of Shakespeare and the Idea of Late Writing: Authorship in the Proximity of Death.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/05/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout
- Weight2588 g
- Width224 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine60 mm
- Edited bySir Israel Gollancz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.