Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis comparative study gathers together new research by local historians into aspects of welfare in Hertfordshire spanning four centuries and focusing on towns and villages across the county.
- Author BiographyProfessor Steven King is Director of the University of Leicester Centre for Medical Humanities. He is a co-editor of Poverty and Sickness in Modern Europe: Narratives of the Sick Poor (2012) and edits the journal Family and Community History. Dr Gillian Gear completed her PhD at the University of London in 1999 on the subject of Certified Industrial Schools. She is co-editor of Herts Past and Present and also the archivist for Barnet Museum.
- PublisherUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationHatfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Content Note50
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byGillian Gear,Steven King
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.