All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
About this product
- DescriptionHortense was a 15-year-old Belgian schoolgirl when she joined the Partisans during World War II. This is the story of her secret career: her missions, adventures, escapes and eventual betrayal and capture, along with her parents, by the Gestapo. Mark Bles also wrote The Kidnap Business .
- Author BiographyMark Bles served in the Royal Green Jackets and the 22 Special Air Service Regiment, and has served as a kidnap negotiator - the experience from which has led him to write his acclaimed first book - the Kidnap Business.
- Author(s)Mark Bles
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication15/11/1990
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date11/01/2010
- Content Note8pp b&w illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width124 mm
- Height196 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- linneth*5631 Oct, 2012by
An inspiring and thought provoking read.
I read this book many years ago, lent it to someone and never got it back. I have bought it because the story is enthralling. For a girl to be so brave throughout the war and to help so many people, then to be caught and tortured was an insight as to how people suffered yet came through it is inspiring. I would recommend this book to anyone.