CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £15.91Trending at £19.99
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.59
- £10.99Trending at £12.98
- £2.50Trending at £4.19
- £4.99Trending at £9.81
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the series, A Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child . This book constitutes a commentary on Article 21 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Author BiographySylvain Vite obtained a postgraduate diploma in international relations at the Graduate Institute of International Studies (IUHEI) in 1993 and a Master of Law (LL.M) at the Washington College of Law in 1997. He completed his Ph.D in International Law at the University of Geneva in 1998. In 1991 he started working at the Constitutional Law Department of the University of Geneva, where he became a Lecturer in Comparative Constitutional Law and Legal Writing. From September 1999 to February 2001, he was a Delegate of the International Committee of the Red Cross, mainly in Colombia. He joined the World Organisation Against Torture upon his return in March 2001, where he focused on children's rights issues. He has been employed by the International Social Service since January 2005, first as Deputy Co-ordinator of the International Reference Centre for the Rights of Children deprived of their Family (ISS/IRC), and then as Programme Manager. He is currently in charge of co-ordinating the drafting of the UN Guidelines for the protection and alternative care of children without parental care. In addition to this activity, he has also been a Senior Researcher and Lecturer at the University Centre for International Humanitarian Law since April 2002. Herve Boechat is a Swiss lawyer currently working as Co-ordinator of the International Reference Centre for the Rights of Children Deprived of their Family (ISS/IRC). He obtained his Law degree from Neuchatel University in 1995 and became a Solicitor in 1998. He carried out two field missions for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Afghanistan (2000) and Southern Sudan (2001). He was then employed as Scientific Collaborator at the Federal Office of Justice of Switzerland, in charge of the implementation of the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in respect of Intercountry Adoption, and the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. He completed a Master of Advanced Studies in Children's Rights in 2003 at Fribourg University, and published his research work about international adoption in 2006.
- Author(s)Herve Boechat,Sylvain Vite
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCommentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 21
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight147 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.