All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis expansive Companion to Ayn Rand s writings provides vital orientation and context for scholars and educated readers who grapple with the unique and controversial output of this prolific thinker and writer.
- Author BiographyAllan Gotthelf (1942-2013) was Anthem Foundation Distinguished Fellow at Rutgers University, USA, emeritus Professor of Philosophy at The College of New Jersey, Secretary of the Ayn Rand Society (a professional group affiliated with the American Philosophical Association), and the primary editor of its Philosophical Studies series. Between 2003 and 2012, he was visiting professor of History and Philosophy of Science at the University of Pittsburgh. His influential papers on Aristotle are collected in Teleology, First Principles, and Scientific Method in Aristotle s Biology (2012). Gregory Salmieri teaches at Rutgers University, is a philosophy fellow at the Anthem Foundation, and has held teaching and research positions at The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (2008-12) and Boston University (2012-14). He is co-secretary of the Ayn Rand Society and co-editor of its Philosophical Studies series. In addition to his work on Rand, he has published on various issues in Aristotle s philosophy and is editor of the forthcoming Knowing and Coming to Know: Essays on Aristotle s Epistemology.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2011
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Philosophy
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight966 g
- Width176 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAllan Gotthelf,Gregory Salmieri
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £9.96Trending at £10.10
- £32.42Trending at £34.87
- £15.45Trending at £15.69
- £10.03Trending at £11.61
- £11.02Trending at £11.24
- £6.81Trending at £7.99
- £10.62Trending at £16.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.