All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Companion brings together thirty-two new essays by leading historians to provide a reassessment of British history in the early twentieth century. The contributors present lucid introductions to the literature and debates on major aspects of the political, social, and economic history of Britain between 1900 and 1939.
- Author BiographyChris Wrigley was formerly the Head of the School of History and Art History and is Professor of Modern British History at Nottingham University. He has been President of the Historical Association (1996-9), Vice-President of the Royal Historical Society and Chair of the Society for the Study of Labour History. He was awarded an Honorary Litt.D. by the University of East Anglia in 1998. He was also editor of The Historian from 1993 to 1998. His previous books include David Lloyd George and the British Labour Movement (1976), Arthur Henderson (1990), Lloyd George and the Challenge of Labour (1990) and Lloyd George (1992).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to British History
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byChris Wrigley
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.74
- £25.51Trending at £37.29
- £13.28Trending at £14.42
- £8.50Trending at £10.51
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
- £9.66Trending at £14.96
- £11.79Trending at £17.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.