All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Los Angeles is a unique study of America s second largest city and consists of 25 original essays, which collectively assess the best and most important work to date on its complex history.
- Author BiographyWilliam Deverell is Professor of History at the University of Southern California and Director of the Huntington-USC Institute on California and the West. Recent publications include A Companion to California History (with David Igler, 2008), Whitewashed Adobe: The Rise of Los Angeles and the Remaking of Its Mexican Past (2004), and A Companion to the American West (2004). He has also co-editor of Land of Sunshine: An Environmental History of Metropolitan Los Angeles (with Greg Hise, 2005) and Metropolis in the Making: Los Angeles in the 1920s (with Tom Sitton, 2001). Greg Hise is Professor of History at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He studies the economies, architecture, and planning of American cities. Hise is the author of Magnetic Los Angeles: Planning the Twentieth-Century Metropolis (1997), co-author of Eden by Design: The 1930 Olmsted-Bartholomew Plan for the Los Angeles Region (2000), and co-editor of Land of Sunshine: An Environmental History of Metropolitan Los Angeles (2005), and Rethinking Los Angeles (1996).
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleWiley Blackwell Companions to American History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight844 g
- Width174 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGreg Hise,William Deverell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.