Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £12.64Trending at £13.50
- £6.50Trending at £12.06
- £5.01Trending at £5.93
- £9.99Trending at £14.07
- £11.34Trending at £14.04
- £16.64Trending at £20.72
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Medical Anthropology examines the current issues, controversies, and state of the field in medical anthropology today.
- Author BiographyMerrill Singer, PhD is Professor at the Department of Anthropology, University of Connecticut; and Senior Research Scientist at the Center for Health, Intervention and Prevention and Professor of Anthropology, University of Connecticut. He has published over 200 articles and is author/co-author or editor of over 20 books. For his work in the field of medical anthropology, Dr Singer has been awarded a number of prestigious awards, including the Rudolph Virchow Prize, the AIDS and Anthropology Paper Prize, the George Foster Memorial Award in Practicing Anthropology. Pamela I. Erickson, PhD is Professor at the Department of Anthropology and Department of Community Medicine, University of Connecticut Formerly editor of the scholarly journal Medical Anthropology Quarterly, she is a Fellow of the American Anthropological Association and the Society for Applied Anthropology, and has also served on the Governing Council of the Family and Reproductive Health Section of the American Public Health Association.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleWiley-Blackwell Companions to Anthropology
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1152 g
- Width173 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byMerrill Singer,Pamela I. Erickson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.