All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Pragmatism, comprised of 38 newly commissioned essays, provides comprehensive coverage of one of the most vibrant and exciting fields of philosophy today. * Unique in depth and coverage of classical figures and their philosophies as well as pragmatism as a living force in philosophy.
- Author BiographyJohn R. Shook is Vice President for Research and Senior Research Fellow at the Center for Inquiry, and Research Associate in Philosophy at the University at Buffalo. He is author of Dewey's Empirical Theory of Knowledge and Reality (2000), editor of Pragmatic Naturalism and Realism (2003), and editor of the Dictionary of Modern American Philosophers (2005). He is also co-editor of the journal Contemporary Pragmatism . Joseph Margolis is Laura H. Carnell Professor of Philosophy at Temple University. His recent books include The Flux of History and the Flux of Science (1993), Historied Thought, Constructed World: A Conceptual Primer for the Turn of the Millennium (1995), Interpretation Radical but Not Unruly: The New Puzzle of the Arts and History (1995), and Reinventing Pragmatism: American Philosophy at the End of the Twentieth Century (2002).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2009
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Philosophy
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJohn R. Shook,Joseph Margolis
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £7.48Trending at £8.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.