All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Spanish Cinema is a bold collection of newly commissioned essays written by top international scholars that thoroughly interrogates Spanish cinema from a variety of thematic, theoretical and historic perspectives.
- Author BiographyJo Labanyi is Professor of Spanish at New York University, where she directs the King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center. A founding editor of the Journal of Spanish Cultural Studies, she edits the series Remapping Cultural History. Her most recent books are Spanish Literature: A Very Short Introduction (2010) and the coedited volume Europe and Love in Cinema (2012). She is a participant in the research project Los medios audiovisuales en la transicion espanola (1975 1985): Las imagenes del cambio democratico, directed by Manuel Palacio at the Universidad Carlos III, Madrid. Her research interests include modern Spanish literature, film, photography, popular culture, gender, and memory studies. She was elected Fellow of the British Academy in 2005. Tatjana Pavloviae is Professor of Spanish at Tulane University in New Orleans. She is author of the monograph Despotic Bodies and Transgressive Bodies: Spanish Culture from Francisco Franco to Jesus Franco (2003) and coauthor of the comprehensive survey 100 Years of Spanish Cinema (2009). Her recent monograph The Mobile Nation (1954 1964): Espana cambia de piel (2011) focuses on a crucial period of transition in the history of Spanish mass culture, examining the publishing industry, the expansion of the television network, popular cinema, the development of mass tourism, and the national automobile manufacturing industry. Her research and teaching interests center on twentieth-century Spanish intellectual history, literature, cultural studies, and film theory.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleWiley-Blackwell Companions to National Cinemas
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight1210 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJo Labanyi,Tatjana Pavlovic
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £8.66Trending at £11.91
- £22.22Trending at £23.57
- £10.98Trending at £11.19
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £13.74Trending at £18.33
- £12.65Trending at £12.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.