All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to the Ancient Greek Language gives a comprehensive account of the language of Ancient Greek civilization in a single volume with contributions from leading international scholars. This collection of 36 original essays covers the historical, geographical, sociolinguistic, and literary perspectives of the language.
- Author BiographyEgbert J. Bakker is Professor of Classics at Yale University. He is the author of Poetry in Speech: Orality and Homeric Discourse (1997) and Pointing at the Past: From Formula to Performance in Homeric Poetics (2005) and the co-editor with A. Kahane of Written Voices, Spoken Signs: Tradition, Performance, and Epic Text (1997). He has published widely on various aspects of the Greek language, in particular, pragmatics, discourse analysis, and speaking versus writing.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1050 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byEgbert J. Bakker
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.