All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Companion, now available in a paperback format, brings together more than 60 distinguished contributors to offer a wide-ranging survey of the history of the English language. Many of the essays investigate regional and ethnic varieties and take up issues of and gender.
- Author BiographyHaruko Momma is Associate Professor of English at New York University. She is the author of The Composition of Old English Poetry (1997) and From Philology to English Studies: Language and Culture in the Nineteenth Century (2009). Michael Matto is Assistant Professor of English and Director of Writing Programs at Adelphi University. He has published articles on Old English language, literature, and culture, and is currently editing (with Greg Delanty) a collection of new literary translations of Old English poems (2009).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteill
- Weight1254 g
- Width171 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byHaruko Momma,Michael Matto
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £28.42Trending at £35.14
- £17.22Trending at £18.24
- £9.64Trending at £9.99
- £11.55Trending at £18.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.