All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis cutting-edge Companion is a comprehensive resource for the study of the modern American novel. Published at a time when literary modernism is being thoroughly reassessed, it reflects current investigations into the origins and character of the movement as a whole.
- Author BiographyJohn T. Matthews is Professor of English and American Studies at Boston University. His publications include William Faulkner: Seeing Through the South (Wiley-Blackwell, 2009); The Sound and the Fury : Faulkner and the Lost Cause (1990); The Play of Faulkner's Language (1982); and numerous articles and chapters on Faulkner, including recent essays in Look Away! The U.S. South and New World Studies (2004) and American Literary History (2004). He is currently working on a study of the problem of the South in the modern American imagination. Matthews was a founding coeditor of The Faulkner Journal and serves on editorial boards for the New Southern Studies Series, Arizona Quarterly, Modern Fiction Studies, and The Mississippi Quarterly.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight926 g
- Width171 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJohn T. Matthews
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £30.68Trending at £40.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.