All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to English first names which reflects a full range, from the names used before the Norman Conquest (Alfred, Edward), to European names established in the English language (Sheila, Ingrid, Anita), to unisex names (Ashley, Jordan) and surnames now used as first names (Carter, Paige).
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors Patrick Hanks is Chief Editor for Current English Dictionaries at Oxford University Press and co-author, with Hodges, of A Dictionary of Surnames. Flavia Hodges is a philologist, lexicographer, and publisher.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date24/05/2001
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width120 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFlavia Hodges,Patrick Hanks
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £19.00Trending at £22.73
- £9.41Trending at £17.12
- £9.53Trending at £15.03
- £7.60Trending at £10.03
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.92Trending at £9.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.