Consider these sponsored items
- £22.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAround the world the cross is, arguably, the one universally recognized symbol of the Christian faith. This book tells the stories behind forty crosses from a wide diversity of cultures and Christian faith traditions, and promotes discussion and debate on why this single, historical event continues to exercise such an influence worldwide.
- Author BiographyMartyn Payne is BRF's Messy Church researcher. His role is to visit Messy Churches up and down the UK, listening to the stories of how Messy Church is developing, networking good practice and bringing encouragement. He has a background in Bible storytelling and leading all-age worship and is passionate about the blessing that comes when generations explore faith together. Martyn, who is a qualified teacher, has worked with BRF for over twelve years contributing to training and resources and leading Barnabas RE days; prior to this he worked with the Church Mission Society as its national children's work coordinator. His books include A-cross the World (2004), Footsteps to the Feast (2007), Where in the World? (2012), The Big Story (2011), Creative Ways to tell a Bible Story (2013) and The Barnabas Family Bible (2014). In 1992 Betty Pedley became the Wakefield Diocesan Parish Education Adviser, especially developing all-age worship. She was the co-writer of Children in the Church?, which was published by the National Society and Church House Publishing in 1997. Later, also with Revd John Muir, she wrote Come and Join the Celebration to support the introduction of Common Worship, and this was published in 2001. Betty was a regular contributor to the magazine Together With Children. Betty was priested in 2003 and she moved from her diocesan post to being priest-in-charge of two parishes. She retired in August 2008 but she is still running all-age crafts and is involved in a project for under fives, which is attached to a church in Bradford.
- Author(s)Betty Pedley,Martyn Payne
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication21/01/2011
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarnabas in Schools
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight401 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.98Trending at £13.78
- £18.57Trending at £18.97
- £2.99Trending at £4.24
- £5.47Trending at £6.98
- £16.47Trending at £17.65
- £7.26Trending at £7.98
- £10.82Trending at £14.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.