All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.21Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.77Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an assessment of animal cultures from 2500 BC to 1000 AD, describing how animals were an intrinsic part of the spiritual life of ancient society, how they were hunted, domesticated and used for entertainment, and the roles animals played in ancient science and philosophy.
- Author BiographyLinda Kalof is Professor of Sociology at Michigan State University and author of Looking at Animals in Human History and editor of The Animals Reader: The Essential Classic and Contemporary Writings.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Cultural Histories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLinda Kalof
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.