Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.66Trending at £15.17
- £9.50Trending at £17.19
- £7.68Trending at £10.11
- £11.79Trending at £17.19
- £7.18Trending at £14.35
- £9.55Trending at £11.82
- £4.90Trending at £9.09
About this product
- DescriptionA thematic overview of how animals were seen and used in the period from 2500 BC to 1000 AD, covering symbolism, hunting, domestication, sports and entertainment, science, philosophy, and art.
- Author BiographyLinda Kalof is Professor of Sociology at Michigan State University and author of Looking at Animals in Human History and editor of The Animals Reader: The Essential Classic and Contemporary Writings (Berg, 2007)
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Cultural Histories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note47 bw illus.
- Weight448 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLinda Kalof
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.