All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers over 6,000 names in common use in English. This work covers pet names, variant spellings, and gives historical and linguistic information for names, from Aaron to Zuleika. It includes the age, origin, and meaning of the name, as well as how it has fared in terms of popularity, and who the famous historical bearers for the name are.
- Author BiographyPatrick Hanks is a lexicographer and linguistic researcher, and is well known as a names specialist. Flavia Hodges is a philologist, lexicographer, and publisher. Kate Hardcastle is a lexicographer, and names specialist.
- Author(s)Flavia Hodges,Kate Hardcastle,Patrick Hanks
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/07/2006
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleOxford Paperback Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date07/01/2013
- Weight355 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £17.16
- £25.51Trending at £37.34
- £14.30Trending at £16.72
- £8.50Trending at £10.53
- £19.20Trending at £30.30
- £10.99Trending at £13.11
- £9.66Trending at £15.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.