Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique gazetteer that clearly explains the fascinating origins and meanings behind the names of over 1,700 places, streets, and areas within the English capital, including the Greater London Boroughs. It also features maps, an extended introduction on the development of these place-names, a detailed glossary, and recommended web links.
- Author BiographyDavid Mills is the Emeritus Reader in English, University of London, and a member of the English Place-Name Society and of the Society for Name Studies in Britain and Ireland.
- Author(s)A. D. Mills
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2010
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteMaps of London
- Weight255 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £15.37Trending at £20.28
- £66.59Trending at £105.49
- £16.67Trending at £20.25
- £2.99Trending at £4.00
- £43.83Trending at £45.98
- £5.57Trending at £6.98
- £23.51Trending at £29.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.