Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.06Trending at £9.29
- £9.60Trending at £11.20
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £9.35Trending at £10.44
About this product
- DescriptionBunny chow, larney, lakker, roti-ou, thanni, Satyagraha, Kavady ...these are the terms from South African Indian English, an important dialect in South Africa, particularly KwaZulu-Natal. This book gives 1700 terms with explanations, pronunciation guides where necessary, language origin, examples of their use and citations from literature.
- Author BiographyRaj Mesthrie is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Cape Town, the only A-rated linguistics researcher in the country and the President of the Linguistics Society in South Africa. He has published in the field of sociolinguistics with special reference to language contact and variation in South Africa.
- Author(s)Rajend Mesthrie
- PublisherUniversity of Cape Town Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- GenreDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintUniversity of Cape Town Press
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.