All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication28/12/2008
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleInternational & comparative social history
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2008
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight890 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byDonald A. Filtzer,Gijs Kessler,Simon Pirani,Wendy Z. Goldman
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Nikolai V. Mikhailov: Non-Party Workers' Organizations in St Petersburg and the Provinces before and during the First Russian Revolution - Christine Ruane: The 1906 Moscow Garment Workers' Strike - Sarah Badcock: Politics, Parties, and Power: Sormovo Workers in 1917 - Simon Pirani: Mass Mobilization versus Participatory Democracy: Moscow Workers and the Bolshevik Expropriation of Political Power - Barbara Allen: Transforming Factions into Blocs: Alexander Shliapnikov, Sergei Medvedev, and the CCC Investigation of the the CCC Investigation of the Baku Affair in 1926 - Aleksei Gusev: The Bolshevik Leninist Opposition and the Working Class, 1928-1929 - Kevin Murphy: Strikes during the Early Soviet Period, 1922 to 1932: From Working-Class Militancy to Working-Class Passivity? - Wendy Z. Goldman: Terror in the Factories - Lynne Viola: Taiga Conditions: Kulak Special Settlers, Commandants, and Soviet Industry - Jean Levesque: Foremen in the Field: Collective Farm Chairmen and the Fate of Labour Discipline after Collectivization, 1932-1953 - Diane P. Koenker: Soviet Worker Leisure Travel in the 1930s - Barbara Alpern Engel: Earning My Own Crust of Bread : Labor in the Lives of Discontented Wives in Late Imperial Russia - Gijs Kessler: A Population under Pressure: Household Responses to Demographic and Economic Shock in the Interwar Soviet Union - Donald Filtzer: The 1947 Food Crisis and its Aftermath: Worker and Peasant Consumption in Non-Famine Regions of the RSFSR - Andrei Markevich: Finding Additional Income: Subsidiary Agriculture in Soviet Urban Households, 1941-1964 - Sergey A. Afontsev: The Choice of Income-Earning Activities: Russian Urban Households and the Challenges of Transition.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Donald Filtzer (1948) is Professor of Russian History at the University of East London, United Kingdom. Wendy Z. Goldman (1956) is Professor in the Department of History, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Gijs Kessler (1969) is Research Fellow at the International Institute of Social History in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Simon Pirani (1957) is a Senior Research Fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies at Oxford University, United Kingdom.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.95
- £11.95Trending at £16.93
- £3.82Trending at £3.88
- £10.32Trending at £18.93
- £9.52Trending at £12.87
- £9.99Trending at £14.99
- £10.29Trending at £19.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.