All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume covers the history of the exploration of the Arctic, beginning with the earliest Norse sailors and concluding with 1990s tourist excursions. The authors also explore the stories of such famous explorers as Frobisher, Franklin, Peary, Cook, Byrd, and Amudsen.
- Author BiographyCharles Officer received his Ph.D from Columbia University and is a Research Professor in the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire. He is the author of several books, including Tales of the Earth: Paroxysms and Perturbations of the Blue Planet (along with Jake Page, OUP). Jake Page is a freelance science writer, essayist and novelist, who has written for Smithsonian, National Geographic, Reader's Digest, and many other magazines. He is the author of several books, including A Certain Malice.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2001
- GenrePeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date13/01/2003
- Content Noteillustrations facsimiles, maps, portraits
- Weight446 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharles B. Officer,Jack Page
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £4.99Trending at £5.78
- £41.51Trending at £54.95
- £12.76Trending at £16.94
- £35.17Trending at £63.55
- £11.38Trending at £19.50
- £10.55Trending at £12.34
- £9.68Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.