All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Scott Ezell
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note1 map, 2 appendixes
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Table Of ContentsPreface: A Far Corner 1. E-ki on the Beach 2. The Sugar Factory 3. Dinner with the Chief 4. A House at the End of the Road 5. Beneath the Skin 6. Carving a Carving Knife 7. Between the City and the Sea 8. Purification 9. Hinoki Studio 10. Songs of the Amis 11. Big and Small Things 12. A Woodcarver 13. Hunting with the Bunun A Gift of the Spirits New and Old Growth Takivahlas: Place Where Two Rivers Meet Down the Mountain 14. Live Music 15. Shelter from the Sun 16. Coupled Orbits 17. The Chief Is Dead 18. An Apartment in Town 19. Homecomings 20. A Long Swim 21. Betel Nut Brothers 22. E-ki on the Boulevard 23. E-ki across the Ocean 24. Departure Epilogue: Further Fields Acknowledgments Appendix 1: Romanization, Names, Transcription, and Currency Appendix 2: A Note on Ethnic Classifications Selected Bibliography
- Author BiographyScott Ezell is a writer and artist living in California and Asia. He is the author of Petroglyph Americana and the chapbook Hanoi Rhapsodies, and is the editor and coauthor of Songs from a Yahi Bow.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.53
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.