Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir presents David Powell's lifelong love of the ocean and gives a highly personal, behind-the-scenes look at California's magnificent and innovative aquariums. David Powell, for many years curator of the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium, tells the story of his life as a pioneering aquarist.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Powell consults on aquarium design around the world. He was director of live exhibit development at the Monterey Bay Aquarium until his retirement in 1997. He was also curator of the Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco and curator of fishes at Sea World in San Diego. Distinguished oceanographer Sylvia A. Earle is Chair of DOER Marine Operations, a designer of manned and robotic sub-sea systems.
- Author(s)David C. Powell
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2003
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Series TitleUC Press/Monterey Bay Aquarium Series in Marine Conservation
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note51 b/w photographs, 1 line illustration, 1 map
- Weight467 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword bySylvia A. Earle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.