All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £16.58Trending at £16.99
- £11.70Trending at £13.98
- £7.49Trending at £12.99
- £11.27Trending at £12.09
- £20.22Trending at £24.94
- £10.67Trending at £12.97
- £7.40Trending at £10.08
About this product
- DescriptionA concise account of classic theories of fluids and solids, for graduate and advanced undergraduate courses in continuum mechanics.
- Author BiographyOscar Gonzalez is an Associate Professor of Mathematics at the University of Texas. His research interests cover computational and applied mathematical problems related to the large-scale deformations of thin rods and ribbons, and more general three-dimensional bodies. He has contributed articles to numerous journals across mathematics, engineering and chemistry. His current research efforts are directed toward understanding the mechanical properties of DNA at various length scales. Andrew Stuart is Professor of Mathematics at the University of Warwick. His general research interests cover computational stochastic processes and dynamical systems and his current research efforts are directed mainly towards problems at the interface of applied mathematics and statistics. He has contributed articles to numerous journals across mathematics, engineering and physics and is the recipient of six prizes for his work in Applied Mathematics.
- Author(s)Andrew M. Stuart,Oscar Gonzalez
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note176 exercises
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.